Thread: Sun Country
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2016, 08:13 PM
beech1980
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: B-737

Originally Posted by chrisd2238 View Post
Absolutely, thank you for your opinion. My interview isn't for a few weeks and I'm just kinda hanging out while the sim is broken. I'm hoping to get more info about the TA soon. My understanding is that sun country tops out at 201 (at least it will by the time it's a concern for a new hire) and I can't see us going much higher than that. Hopefully we'll have more info next week
Once you get some seniority you can work almost as much as you want. If you want to work down to the minimum 10 days off. Some do and some don't. Some guys credit 900 hours a year and their are some guys who credit 1300+. It's all up to the pilot and their situation and desire. Included in the new contract at sun country are raises in 401K starting January 1. 100% deadhead pay in another year. And the bigger raiser are in the last 2 years of the contract. No one knows what ultimately will happen at sun country in the next 3-5 years but if I were you I would interview and see what happens. I would also be interested in seeing what that new TA allegiant has and what it might offer in the long run.
Honestly I don't even think sun country management has a 5 year plan.... They are a reaction bunch not an aggressive strategic group of guys.