View Single Post
Old 06-26-2016, 03:27 AM
Avroman
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: FIRE ALPA

Originally Posted by WhiskeyDelta View Post
I don't believe bad people slip in. Delta hires people very intentionally. Are there head scratchers? Absolutely, but to reiterate my point that's on Delta which is why it's such a highly tailored, customized process. Unless you were involved in the hiring of those people you mentioned, you have no real reason to bring up their situations. Fact is you don't really know how it all went down or why they were hired.

Furthermore, yes, good people get turned away. However, I'm of the belief that's because of their interview shortcomings or succumbing to the pressures of the process. Every OTS applicant has to meet a minimum score in each of the 4 parts (not sure about SSP or the flow guys). If they don't, they don't get hired. Pretty cut and dry. From everything I've ever heard/read of the process, there's absolutely no room in entire interview program that allows AK or anyone in his department to look past bad scores and use emotion or hunches to hire people. We can thank the lawyers for that.
The flow guys just had to have a degree and pass the drug and background check. The SSP guys had the same interview as the OTS guys except they didn't have to do the shrink test, it's a full 1 day interview.