Thread: Allegiant Air
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2016, 09:33 PM
smoothatFL410
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2014
Position: A320

Originally Posted by N1sync View Post
There's lots of good reasons to vote this in, job security is a big one, scope, better pay, etc. There's also a lot of good reasons to vote no (if the leaked info is entirely true).
Everyone had their expectations pretty high and I think we all might feel like this didn't quite hit the mark.

Consider this though.. There may be more reasons to pass this now. We (mostly) get the pay we deserve, we have scope too which is HUGE. I don't expect G4 to be a standalone airline by the time the next contract is negotiated, if we don't pass this now we risk a merger coming rapidly and we're stuck with our existing work rules for who knows how long. The economy is also once again teetering on the precipice, brexit, Trump, Hillary, debt ceiling.. Etc etc etc. IF we vote no and all this stuff starts to hit the fan we may have pi$$ed away our best chance at a 'decent' offer.

Consider ALL the facts when we get the details this week but a yes vote sure gives you a better QOL while you continue to wait for Delta, United, American.

All very, very good points and certainly has me thinking. Thank you.

I need to see the language, but the bottom line is, regardless of how disappointed you may be in the contract, it would still suck less than it sucks now, including days off and schedules. And all of those points mentioned are very accurate statements of the risks we take if we vote no. Also, with a contract, the company can't change anything, and will be legally bound and granite protections of that contract in place.

Another thing I have been thinking about is the fact that in a couple years there will be some changes in the industry and other airline new contracts coming online including Southwest and Delta, is that our contract will in fact make then us probably by a lot, the lowest-paid airbus or LCC operator. That will affect retention/attrition and the ability to hire qualified applicants. So it would behoove the company to perhaps make some changes which it could do via negotiated LOA's. There is no reason we couldn't get another raise that is better than when and what's stipulated in the contract, or work rules changes such as schedules, days off etc, in order to entice people to want to stay and/or come to Allegiant. It simply just needs to be negotiated and agreed to.

A lot of food for thought.