Thread: Mesa 3.0
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2016, 06:35 AM
squawkoff
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: ????

Originally Posted by iFlyRC View Post
Upgrades are the lifeblood of this airline, without them, Mesa truly brings nothing to the table to entice new people to come here.
Mesa would be better off upgrading everyone, having CA on CA flying as the norm if it would attract people here. Very least would bring the pay up to industry standard.
Theres just so many warning flags, things written on the wall, that I believe everyone is looking for a way out now except those that are about to upgrade.
I think it is bad publicity to offer CRJ upgrade slots and everyonelooks the other way... That is simply unheard of. Not offer classes, make people starve, then re-offer it perhaps. Be warned, if your seniority right now can't hold a line as a DFW CA, you will be on reserve forever. Only attrition from the CRJ CA's who are only time building to move on, will you move up. Far too many lifers on the CRJ side.
Absolutely true. If Mesa were to announce that they were getting 30 or more airplanes (fleet expansion) you would see the flood gates open up. People from Envoy, Expressjet, Skywest, etc. would come to Mesa. Why? Because the most sought after experience of aviation is the coveted TPIC. People would give up money, QOL, benefits for it. I do believe that many think they can get their 1000 TPIC and they can have their pick of which legacy they can go to. That may be true 10 years down the line but I don't think it has the influence many think it does. It sure doesn't hurt to have that experience though.