Thread: Allegiant Air
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2016, 05:09 AM
Adam Smith
New Hire

Joined APC: Jun 2016

Originally Posted by mkennedy View Post
After attending tonight's pilot meeting, I will be voting 'no'.

In general, work rules are 20-30% less beneficial than Spirit and the pay will definitely be less than what Spirit will achieve. I am tired of being told that I am worth 20-30% less than a pilot at a similar carrier and realistically, we won't get another agreement for nine years.

Do you really want to live with these work rules for nine years (I'm looking at you, sick leave). Do you want to spend the better part of Hillary's second term making a full 30% less than your peers and 40% less than

I don't need an industry leading contract, but I certainly need to feel at least average.
Didn't hear the union say work rules were 30% less than Spirit. Didn't hear any complaints to the union from a room full of pilots. Is it the Trip rig that would make you 30% more money? If you think so when time away from base is 1/4 of what a Spirit pilot flies, you need to brush up on math skills... Plus there is the min day guarantee that was discussed.

Delta Airlines has no prohibition on single days off, what this seems to guarantee is twice as good, but Delta trips are not all single days.

Hopefully we will get the contract today. Unless there is some huge surprise in it, I am a solid yes.