Thread: Allegiant Air
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2016, 06:15 AM
INXS
Lifer

Joined APC: Apr 2009
Position: MD80 CA

I also attended the union meeting last night. Look folks, the guys that have been working tirelessly for over 3 years are telling us that this is it. I didn't hear any reference to returning to the table and telling the company/mediator that we want more pay or better work rules. In fact, I did hear over & over to please look at the whole package and that each and every rep has done their best to seal a solid deal for the pilot group.

Also, they noted that our mediator is not impressed with our requests and is siding with the company - big time.

Here is what I took from the meeting: We have busted our asses and for the moment, the company wants this done. This is as good as it is going to get for our first Teamsters contract. It was also noted that it would be a long road with the possibility of getting even less if we go back to the drawing board.

I'll admit that there are work rules that I would like to see added. It's not perfect. Knowing the forces we're up against though, I'm siding with our union reps that have also signed our TA. They have my YES vote.