Thread: Allegiant Air
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2016, 06:59 AM
sqwkvfr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006

Originally Posted by 3inthegreen View Post
Envoy voted no to their first post AA/USAir merger TA, worst decision we ever made as a pilot group. I would say 90% of the no voters, with hindsight, would now go back and vote yes. After we voted no, AAG decimated our airline and brought us to our knees until we said yes to a second TA. At that point we took something that was FAR less in both money and work rules than the first TA we said no to, and we did so just to keep our doors open. No votes in situations like that don't "show" the company anything. Life will go on for you guys either way, just with a lot less money in your pockets over the next 2 or 3 years before the company is willing to play ball again. The game is rigged, always in favor of the corporation. The NMB will favor management. The RLA will always favor the corporation and upper management. The best way you can give the finger to these greedy slum lords is to leave. Buy why you are waiting to find a greener pasture, vote yes and make a lot more money why you are waiting for that phone call.
This is a ludicrous comparison....by way of counterpoint, one could point out Republic's no vote as an example of stand that actually worked....if that were a legitimate comparison to our situation.

Originally Posted by 3inthegreen View Post
You aren't a legacy either. However, Allegiant pilots aren't getting paid even half of what they deserve. IMHO this TA is at least moving in the right direction. And while the Envoy situation had many differences there are also a few big similarities. All I am saying is, beating your chest with pride as you loudly vote "No" will only deplete your pocket book by at least 40% over the next 2 years. But feel free to "show them!"
On another point; you're not the first non-Allegiant person to chime in so I'm not directing this only at you, but I can not be the only G4 pilot who gives exactly zero fuqs about the opinions of people with no skin in the game. Helpful suggestions are always appreciated, but condescending posts intended to "educate" us are not welcome.

Last edited by sqwkvfr; 06-29-2016 at 07:10 AM.