Thread: Allegiant Air
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2016, 11:19 AM
pipercub
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008
Position: MD80 CA

Originally Posted by StarHustler View Post
I have been reading through the last 6 months or so of postings on this forum and had a couple of questions that I could not clearly answer. If it is not too much trouble, I would appreciate some input on the following.

1. How hard is AVL to get out of training as your base. (I currently live near PBI but am wanting to move back to my native NC Mountains.) Is FLL quicker?

2. Does the company provide lodging during training? I believe that I read that you currently get reserve pay during training (70 hours per month).

I realize that currently there is a TA to be voted upon and that could change some of the answers to my questions however, whatever you currently know to be true would be great.

Thanks and Blue Skies.
AVL is a small newer base so really hard to read as a first officer probably be easier to get depends on growth how long upgrade could be our other smaller base BLI is almost impossible to upgrade in. I think FLL is the longer to get in Florida but a lot of movement on FO side makes bases fairly easy to change and get.

Currently paid hotels in training. I believe they went to 70 hour min pay for training vs the old 2000 a month.

TA reserve min is 72 pay 53.80