Thread: UPS to hire 63
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2016, 11:38 PM
FTFF
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2014
Position: Retired from APC.

Look, I'm on your side and generally agree in many cases there are better options. But for others brown is a great choice. Understand that you are the rare person actually trying to get out. Since you are in the job market, don't you think guys who spew out extremist information about a job make your decision making process more difficult? That's all I was trying to get at. I thought I mentioned in this thread that I was a newb in this recent hiring wave-wasn't avoiding the question. But don't go and tell us that anyone who hasn't been at brown for x years isn't qualified to an opinion; for most of us this ain't our first rodeo.

Guys come on here hoping for good information. Why not give them concrete stuff to work with, positive and negative instead of barking them off? I agree that most other majors are better options but IMO, marginally at best. I got friends at every carrier and none of their experiences or contracts are compelling me to jump ship but some of the movement is pretty attractive.

I would hazard on making comments about the caliber of recent new hires ("not hiring the best anymore"). Comes across as particularly condescending especially when you are blindly speculating from an uninformed view point. You'll be quite surprised to discover what the cat has dragged in these last couple years.

I hope things work out for you and wish you the best of luck. Emerald coast interview prep is the best advice I can offer.