View Single Post
Old 07-01-2016, 12:59 PM
badflaps
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2011
Position: retired 767(dl)

Originally Posted by Jaww View Post
Yes I am an extremely new (still on probation) guy from the military. Yes I am ignorant of Delta and its history which is why I lurk these boards trying to learn. I am not, however, ignorant of basic retirement principles and being fiscally responsible. I didn't intend to throw spears and I even opened myself up to get schooled. I get you all were ****ed and lost out on your great deal. But, any financial planner will not have you put all of your chickens in one basket. To the OP: I can't even begin to imagine or understand your frustration. That truly sucks. I am just so used to being crapped on by the government for an entire career that I would never trust an organization with my money. So far, I love Delta but I have no doubts they'd put me out on the street in a heartbeat if it suited them. With that mindset, I made my comment.
In the olden days, there were few places to invest, even real estate was cheap. DAL stock barely moved 2 points in months. Your CO. retirement was considered part of your pay package. Who knew?