View Single Post
Old 08-15-2007, 10:35 AM
wickedsprint
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: Spam Can

Originally Posted by Eucatastrophy View Post
The last Defense Authorizations bill actually allowed VSP for 6-20 years and VSP up to 4x Involuntary Separation Pay (ISP), but the SECAF limited it to 6 years to "no more than exactly" 12 years and VSP = 2x ISP for FY07.
It seems to me that the next VSP group would be more like 13-15 years, since they'd end up double-tapping the 1995 yeargroup. The last matrix (12 July) showed 570 overages total for the 1992-1994 yeargroups.
Question for wickedsprint - for The FY07 VSP amount was 2x Involuntary Sep. Pay, any words on what the FY08 VSP amount might be? Is 4x a possibility. I'd think it would have to be more than 2x for enough Majors & LtCols to take the VSP option.
A quasi VERY unofficial update, one of our flight CC's has an inside email supposedly about someone who sat in on an AFPC briefing, word ont he street, there WILL be a RIF for the 02 guys, and same style of VSP as last year, IE 6 year people etc. This again is borderline double hearsay and completely disagrees with what the force shaping office told me directly, but the original source of this hearsay seemed confident of the subject matter.

As far as amounts, I forgot to ask. It seems to me that if they were only offering 200 slots..they'd wanna get their money's worth, and not even consider people as old as 13 years, as you can get twice as many people with 6yr captains. It is my theory, and MY theory only, that if they only offer it to 12-15yr people, and only have 200 slots..and No RIF, they have no reason to double the money, or even quadrupal it. Again this is my theory. Here is what I think is going to happen, they will announce sometime in the future, not today though and it will essentially be the same program as last year, as this makes the most sense, and gets the most people separated for the money. I hate playing the waiting game. I hope they offer VSP like last year..and if numbers are not met..then they consider a RIF, that way I get my commercial ratings paid for.