Thread: Mesa 3.0
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2016, 04:25 PM
squawkoff
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: ????

Originally Posted by MagPBS View Post
A lot of this was answered in a detailed post in the now closed thread. I'll recap.

First off, stop believing everything you hear from people who claim to know anything. Most of the time they're wrong.

1. Pairings are not crap just to keep you at 75 hours. It's all about crew staging for overnights. Just look at UA vs AA. Pairing are built the same way.
2. Delta, Jet Blue, Air Canada, Envoy FA's, Alaska FA's and soon to be American pilots all use NavTech pbs. And NONE of them Get their results in 6 hours. Don't compare us to Skywest. Different software with totally different award methods. navTech is pilot centric. Theirs is global solution.
3. Pretty much everyone listed above have dedicated planners just for pbs. Ours do EVERYTHING.
4. Remember that with both pairings and pbs there is an alpa person doing the same work right next to the planners. While I cannot outright veto something, I will say after years of doing this my opinion on pbs runs carries weight with them. Same goes with our pairing people.
5. With regards to pairings. There's a hotline from about 2 years ago where we had the guy who wrote the optimizer attempt AA pairings. And he got the same productivity. It's not a company conspiracy.
6. We are not "using it wrong" according the NavTech.

Did I miss any of the "I've heards"?
Nope you got them all. I never said the schedules were "crap." Don't take these questions personally. I'm sure you get tired of the rumors and whatnot but is it far fetched to think that Mesa would try to save money with their scheduling?