Thread: TPA to MEM Commute?

busdriver12 , 07-03-2016 03:19 PM
Gets Weekends Off
busdriver12
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Nov 2013
Quote: I'm not exactly sure on the conversion, but yes 137 tfp's (trips for pay).

Standard 3 day trip pays between 19.5 and 23 tfp's for a point of reference. However, twice last month I made 14 trips flying one leg out of TPA and jumpseating home.
A more understandable point of reference for me would be how many legs, how many block hours, and how many hours of credited pay. It sounds like about 120 hours of pay for 16 days of work?

For me, sleeping in my own bed is overrated. As much a I enjoy my bed, I feel confident that nobody is sleeping on my side when I'm not there, and I'm not enthusiastic about working all day and coming home tired and cranky just to spend a couple of hours with my family. I'd rather have the flexibility to take a month off if I want it, get nice long layovers, and minimize the legs and night flying, if I can. It gets a lot more important to have time off and long layovers when you're older, flying multiple legs a day isn't so easy any more.

However, if sleeping in your own bed is a top priority, and seeing your family, if even for a short time is important, it sounds like you should stay where you're at.