Thread: Allegiant Air
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2016, 04:37 PM
Vegaspilot
Gets Tue/Wed and Sat Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008

Originally Posted by CBreezy View Post
There is a FAA LOI that states that, essentially, you can be reassigned as much as the company would like up to your FDP max. They queried the setting brake and being done scenario but determined if your CBA states that the company has up to an hour to reassign you, it is legal per 117. Read the Marc Anderson-Teamsters LOI from 2014
That's actually the exact letter I was referring to. After reading it again in this context I can see where you're coming from. I don't know that I agree with it, but it does actually appear you can be held on FDP without notification prior to setting the brake. Just one more reason I don't like the TA language making you call in to be released. Now we just walk off the plane and are done.

At least one of the decent spots of this TA says they can't extend you more than 4 hours past the end of your trip pairing. So there's not much, if anything really, they can assign a person. And if they try and you just happen to be too tired at that point to continue, oh well.