View Single Post
Old 07-06-2016, 06:05 AM
271c
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2015

Originally Posted by Yoda2 View Post
If you have to give something to get something, then it is not free. What if you did take them up on the offer, and then a month into instructing you turned out to be a crappy instructor, or something else happened to get you canned? Are you going to tell them sorry, you gave me free instruction? According to your post, there are no conditions on the free food and housing though. I might stop by sometime for a shower and some grub! What times dinner?
Jeez, the guy just asked a question, not sure why people are so negative on here sometimes. He seems well aware that there's a requisite commitment. And if he gets canned, I'm sure he's aware he'd owe it back -- thus why he's asking if this is a reputable/reasonable place. And we wonder why some people steer clear of our industry after kicking the tires; they get pounced on for a simple question.

OP, there are several places offering a "free" CFII/MEI in exchange for a commitment of some sort. A few are offering initial. I've heard generally bad things about SAA, but I have no first-hand knowledge. I know their fleet is a bit...used. If you can spare it, I'd recommend getting the initial on your own and then having your pick of employers. And please, in addition to pay and perks, consider the fleet/MX/tech aspect -- too many avoidable incidents/accidents out there at some of these schools.

I've worked at a couple of places, good and bad experiences, feel free to PM.