View Single Post
Old 07-06-2016, 07:52 AM
stanherman
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: Hack pilot

Originally Posted by envoy1 View Post
I'm done. Been here 6 months and am making the move to Endeavor. Just got the offer yesterday. Spent a lot of time going over how to pay the bonus back and with the new deal being offered, it's basically a wash for me. I'm new to the industry, was a pipeline instructor. I was really excited to come to Envoy but things quickly got old. Being on reserve, commuting and starting every sequence of days with a pre assigned 4am RAP was the real downer.

Crew scheduling offers you no help and I find them at times to be very hostile. The environment here is toxic in my opinion. Nothing like my instructor gig. There, you did your job and worked directly with your supervisor and the organization treated you like you were an asset. I believed in the flow but during my time here, I was shown by numerous Captains the history of the flow and how it had been gone back on. It seems that is happening here now. Being on the bottom of a list, it's not comforting to know that something offered that directly affects your future is truly not a viable option. My crews were great, that's about the only thing here that was a bright spot.

I've got a close friend who went to Endeavor several months before I came here. I spent many hours talking with him about what is happening here and how things are going there. It came down to the treatment here in the end. Endeavor is still a regional but I feel that I have a much better opportunity there with Delta in the long run and the ongoing day to day environment seems quite a bit better.

Good luck to all. Envoy is my first 121 job and I'm glad to have had the chance here. I wish all well and hope that this place can turn around.
Good for you, glad you didn't get suckered in by the flow carrot. Will probably be the best move you'll make, reducing stress levels is huge, especially in the toxic environment that plagues Envoy.

Absolutely no reason to stick around, I left too and couldn't be happier. So many better options out there.