Thread: New TSA Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2016, 09:24 AM
minimwage4
2 days off

Joined APC: Jun 2009
Position: Embraer Systems Analyst

Originally Posted by CBreezy View Post
From what I've been reading in the majors forums, they want to bring more flying back in house and want zero concessions for doing so. In fact, one of the highly debated topics in the recent DAL contract rejection dealt with a code-share relaxation if I remember correctly. If Alaska is a major exception, it is safe to assume that any of the big 3 would be an even more major exception so they have that 86k limit. I HIGHLY doubt that the big 3 will relax the MGTOW limitation when they are actively trying to encourage management to bring more small narrow-body aircraft types on property. The "recent" comment about relaxing scope was referencing the latest explosion of contract flying.
I doubt the big 3 will bring actual RJs in house logistically. Flying yes. The MRJ is an RJ, it's kind of in a awkward position between CRJ/175s and the CSeries in weight, but with less than 80 seats, it's more of a regional aircraft. I have no idea how they came up with that 86k number but it seems arbitrary. If the MRJ does perform as advertised with fuel savings, the majors will do whatever it takes to get on board. The seats vs weight LOA idea is one option.