Old 07-07-2016, 03:55 PM
PurpleToolBox
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2013

Originally Posted by Otterbox View Post
Flight plan has "On File" listed for crew names... Complaint filters to the service chief and then investigation comes down to the offenders command. After review the service chief decides to violate or not..

Unless something like the Saudis file an official protest with the Embassy and it flows from State to Mother Blue- you guys should be fine. You certainly wouldn't be the first ones to get a verbal thrashing from the local controllers though.

Pro Tip: never use the offending calls sign in country again... And avoid ones containing the same first digit (happened to me once... My callsign ended in 2X, a couple weeks later the Squadron XOs aircraft, with the call sign ending in 2 ****ed the same group of controllers off and they blamed him for my previous irritation and threatened to get him kicked out of theater if he violated again. He was very confused by the whole thing.)
Pro tip: use your internationally cleared callsign or else you end up an international incident. If you have the luxury of changing the callsign, do it. But if you are doing it without coordinating, you are making a huge mistake.