Thread: Aeroptic
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2016, 07:05 AM
aviatrixsteff
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by Yoda2 View Post
Steff, Here might be part of the issue... Whether true or not, based on the times you provided, it could be conceived that most of the Multi could have consisted of SIC or possibly pay to play type Multi. (Not real PIC, solo or otherwise decision making PIC type Multi.) While there are exceptions, such as an MEI at a flight school, not to many companies are going to cut someone loose in a twin with less than a thousand hours PIC in anything. The remaining 300 Hrs could be viewed as simply that incurred during flight instruction received and building a little extra time for your commercial. Additionally, nobody cares much about your King Air experience at this point. Not picking on you at all and I wish you the very best, however this is likely how most of those involved in the hiring are going to view it. If you agree with all or part of this, and still believe you would be an asset to a particular company, I would concentrate on setting yourself apart. You might need to find a way to convince a chief pilot that you are indeed capable and worthy of hire. And remember, while some factions are looking for hours, I can guarantee a chief pilot is looking for experience and for you to be an excellent decision maker.
All of my multi is PIC. I've never instructed in a twin or logged SIC or done pay to fly. My experience is mostly at a cloud seeding company where I flew solid IFR, in icing (cloud seeding needs icing to work), severely convective weather, high winds, ect, at all hours of the night. I was applying for an SIC job at aeroptic, I wouldn't expect anyone to turn a 950TT pilot lose with a King Air as PIC. But it doesn't matter, I was just pointing out that though aeroptic says 500 TT and 50 MEL for SICs, its still a long way off from getting a call.