Old 07-11-2016, 04:34 PM
Shoot First
On Reserve

Joined APC: Aug 2015
Position: Captain

Originally Posted by frankensteinlby View Post
thanks man
Hey there,
I worked at SAA for 10 months leaving in April of last year. I still follow the goings on at the business. You probably don't want to work there. The guy who runs the business on a day to day basis, Mr. Yoon, is up on charges of forgery of financial documents. Just type it in to google to learn all you want. Now....

That being said, I liked my time there. God knows it was hard with some very long work days, but it made me a better pilot. Tired equipment? Check, but safe, I'll guarantee it. Do they take Commercial pilots and get them their CFI? Yes, but you have to be patient as you'll be a low priority. Is there free housing and cheap food? Yep, but you get what you pay for. In this case your own room with a shared shower. Dining is the building over and they serve 3 squares of the most boring food a day. And lastly management. Although the owner is indeed up on charges its not like he's the only person involved in the business. There are others who can step up to replace him if need be.

One other thing. There are flight instructors working there. Find one and ask them their personal opinion. Thats what I would do. Good luck wherever you go.