View Single Post
Old 07-12-2016, 07:59 PM
Moonbeam
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: A330 FO

Originally Posted by Shrek View Post
Are you complaining how a company tries to find employees for THEIR airline?!

They can do whatever the hell they want in how they find future pilots. This generation of pilots of self-entitlement is palpable. Let me guess - you are going to OshKosh this year and are butt hurt that you can't just drop off an application to every major as long as they are close to where you are sitting ?! I know this is an exaggeration (I HOPE) but this is the impression I got from your post.
Ha, no I am not from the Snowflake or Millennial generation. I did buy Kit Darby's books back in the day though, somehow the methods actually worked and I had 4 major interviews and 3 offers in the late 90's. Of course airlines fail and there are periods where nobody is hiring. Fast forward to today and most of the guys in that period are at second tier carriers and rarely get an interview or hired at today's Legacies. Maybe I need to update my methods to this decade since getting recommendations from pilots does not help you get selected for an interview. Do you know why? I will actually have a chance to ask Kit at OshKosh this year because he will be putting on a seminar on "How to Get to the Airline Job You Want Fast!" It's true, look it up.

I am actually just taking my family there to enjoy the show and because I still like airplanes. I also thought it would be a good place for these airlines to find people still interested in aviation and airplanes. Biggest pilot shortage in the last 113 years so I hear!