View Single Post
Old 07-13-2016, 07:45 AM
Walkeraviator
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: Airline Captain

Originally Posted by mike sierra View Post
Thanks for your answer.

I live in north Orlando now, so 2 hour drive to St. Augustine...not bad if the company accepts and is not a 24/7 on call job.

Do you think there is any chance for that? I also know they have a EMB145 parked at ORL and some staff there...I'm just married and my wife has a job contract here for the next year so unfortunately I can't move.
Not sure what the schedule is on the Brasilia side of the house. I have heard week on/week off or two weeks on/off. Biggest issue is housing in WV. They may not cover it during your days on duty up there, but who knows.

The reason I mention St Augustine is because their airline route flies there from CLT. So they may let you commute on our aircraft or even be based there. It's all a discussion to have with HR. The beauty of smaller Ops like ours is that you can negotiate with them.

The E145s park in Sanford because the company HQ is in Maitland. They use KSFB as a MX facility for 121 conformity and unscheduled maintenance. Those aircraft are all in the process of being conformed under our new 121 certificate