View Single Post
Old 08-17-2007, 12:49 AM
Stratapilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2007
Default NetJets a realistic goal?

Hi all looking for info from the wise elders

Im a CFI CFII MEII working part time in DAL, while also working at AIG Aviation as an aviation insurance underwriter insuring 30 million dollar jets all day. Paper pushing is getting really boring and I'm looking to flying full time and subsequently as a career. The issue is that I have NO intention of flying for the airlines with the amount of student loan debt that I have, I simply can't afford it. Netjets seems like a great option not only because of the pay, but also because of the variety. By the time im comfortable with the amount of debt i've paid off, i'll have about 3000TT 1000-750ME and about 300 instrument (2 years from now). My question (finally), is it a viable possibility for me to be hired at NetJets if I have no turbine time, or ANY corporate experience for that matter? I'd meet the mins, yes, but mins often don't mean anything...would I be competitive? Would there be a limit as to what equipment I would be placed in? I mean, going from Seminole's to a Falcon 2000 flying the Hilton sisters around seems a bit daunting.

PS How tough is it to get based at DAL these days...and what is thier commuting policy?

Ok thats all for now

AP