Thread: ICED
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2016, 09:16 AM
longcall
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2016

Originally Posted by Clearedtopush View Post
Due to revisits on agreed upon sections of the contract and a proposal to up our ask from our prior table position the NMB has sided with the company and is placing our mediation in a holding status. They will devote the assets being used to other pending contracts. JM asked for and received permission to continue talks on several sections near completion prior to a complete shutdown of talks. This is anticipated to be a long term suspension. The MEC has remained in special session because of this development however as of now has no plan going forward.
That would be good news as I've heard many rumors that we hadn't updated our re-opener and had AIP to all the company needs. This is the first good rumor that disputes all the discouraging ones regarding the NC.

I find it hard to believe that NMB would "side with the company" under the circumstances. The NMB reportedly supported or even encouraged SWAPA to do exactly what is reported here.

Do we need the NMB's permission to talk to the company outside of mediation? I thought we could do that whenever we wanted.

If its true the company is walking away it is time to turn up the publicity heat.