View Single Post
Old 07-21-2016, 08:09 PM
Birddog
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2009

Originally Posted by Boeing Aviator View Post
Just curious if in any of Chuck Cummings campaign info did he disclose he was a CAL MEC Vice Chairman under Jay Pierce? Had the job for about six months and rumor has it he barely ever showed up at the MEC office. Then just resigned for personal reasons.

The reason I ask in the campaign literature I saw, Chuck never disclosed he was a CAL MEC Officer but he did list all other union positions he held. Wonder why he wouldn't disclose the fact he was a former CAL MEC Vice Chairman? Just curious if he mentioned in other campaign literature or somehow I missed it?
Fellow Houston Pilots:

My name is Chuck Cummins and I am humbly asking for your vote for Captain Representative of our Local Council. I have represented Houston pilots for more than ten years, very successfully, and am anxious to get back to work. My wife Elvia fully supports my efforts and understand the time commitment this position requires.

I was hired in 1990 as a Second Officer and am now a B737 Captain who has lived and worked in the Houston base for over 20 years. My tenure with ALPA is lengthy. My knowledge and experience of the issues affecting the Houston Council are extensive. I have served as an MEC Vice Chairman, Training Committee Chairman, and Safety/Go Team member.

My record of pilot representation, my ability to work with management officials, the FAA, and NTSB; and, my effectiveness especially when things go seriously wrong for you (or your career) is a proven fact. My ability to lead is proven, and my style is known. More importantly, I bring a knowledge of this base and its many members, some whom I have known my entire career at CAL, now UAL. I believe this will make me a more effective LC Representative, one ready “to hit the ground running” on day one.

Time and time again, I have heard your concerns regarding the 5% tranche (holdback). I share your concerns regarding the RHA survivor benefits. Our LTD monies MUST be refunded! Please know that I understand these and the many other issues facing our MEC. I share your frustrations, and I ASSURE you that I will be YOUR advocate at the MEC.

Serving one’s fellow pilots is a noble calling. ALPA volunteers take this challenge seriously. I view representation as a solemn promise to you. You have my word that I will work as hard as I can for you. The most fundamental tenet of ALPA is “unity.” We have come a long way to becoming a “united” pilot group. We must keep the momentum moving in the right direction. As such, I assure you that no other pilot is better able to bring unity to the Houston base.

Let me take a moment to address the First Officers in Houston. Some may think that since this election is for Captain Representative, you should not care or vote. Wrong! Your vote counts, too. The Captain Representative can and does represent you. The three representatives form the Local Executive Council and can have a great influence on your futures.

Fellow Houston Pilots, the time is upon us to choose the leadership that will help set the direction of this council, through your input and guidance. Your leader must commit to timely and accurate communications to form a foundation of trust. We implore you to research the candidates and choose wisely. I am available any time to speak about my positions, but more importantly, to listen to your concerns. Please call me at 281-543-3995 or email at [email protected]

Thank you for your attention and considerations. Please vote for Chuck Cummins for Captain Representative LC 171.

Sincerely,

Chuck