Thread: ICED
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2016, 06:39 AM
Herkflyr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: Left seat of a little plane

Originally Posted by Purple Drank View Post
The guys who are saying "that's not so bad" are missing the point. Even if nothing changes, in this environment, that's unacceptable. But stuff has changed. Overwhelmingly for the worst. If we can't make improvements now, we never will.

Guys with decades left need to consider how this contract will set a precedent for the rest of your careers.

UPS pilots had the guts to see it through and were rewarded. Will we have the resolve to take the time and make the necessary changes (adios to at least 3 of the negotiators) to knock it out if the park? What we se here is a swinging bunt...out at first.
If I had a dollar for every post which claimed that "this agreement will define our careers for decades to come" I would have a whole lot of dollars. And yet it wouldn't be true.

Also, UPS pilots got a great TA--no disagreement. But it is also four years after the amendable date, without a full retro--that would be nearly impossible after being four years delayed. If I were a UPS pilot, I would certainly vote "Yes"...and yet, if the exact same value were part of a TA ON the amendable date (vs four years late) it would not be some spectacular "hey look at this!" TA. It would have been a modest, gain upon gain over four years type of agreement. It would probably have generated a lot of heated "I'm voting NO!" posts.