Thread: Boutique Air
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2016, 07:25 AM
Honda400F
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2015
Position: Leaning Right, Left, Right

Originally Posted by bcrame01 View Post
I was recently offered an FO job in DFW and I'm having a really hard time making the decision to take it or not. I'm sitting on 1050TT and would like to ultimately take the regional to major path. Right now I have a pretty cushy gig, but I'm only making 40 hours/month max working 4 days a week. So the question is: Take the job and settle in to a full year at boutique and take a 50% pay cut until I can upgrade to captain, or ride it out in my current comfortable govt contractor job?

Any DFW guys willing to chime in? I have only been in my current job for about 4 months, but I'm antsy to get out of the training environment and into a more complex airplane.

Thanks to anyone who responds and if anyone wants to PM and possibly talk on the phone that would be great.
You're going to qualify to upgrade rather quickly, so taking a monetary hit will be short-lived. THE PC-12 is a great transitional aircraft if you're looking to move on to a regional. You will thank yourself while in training at a regional when you notice others struggling. Being comfortable is not necessarily a good thing.