View Single Post
Old 07-22-2016, 07:48 PM
dracir1
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: Lineholder

Originally Posted by motorboatin View Post
Or you can inform people of the realities of working at F9. Making this place out to be Shangri-La, utopian, or even bearable at this point would be a horrible disservice to those with choices. The purpose of this hiring thread should be to give candidates a true picture of what's in store. And it will not be pretty for a while. Go elsewhere my friends, best advice I could give to anyone.
I agree completely. I can only speak from my experience but...

People come to F9 for probably 1 of 2 reasons - they live in Denver (or other base city) and/or they are at a regional hoping for better. If there was a pilot out there that had offers from us as well as a legacy, SWA, Alaska/Virgin, JB or possibly even Spirit and lived in Vegas or St Louis or Charlotte (basically anywhere but a F9 base), I doubt very seriously they'd be asking questions about the pay here. They can answer that question on their own and it's not hard to figure out we're the lowest in the industry. Already, knowing that, the QoL that we have would have to be pretty significant to DECIDE to come here vs. anywhere else. Perhaps a deciding factor between us and Spirit is upgrade time but I'd find it a little strange that anyone would forgo someplace else for here because it's just a great place to fly.

I've been on property for a lil under a year. I think the people that I fly with are pretty good people. I think most of the FAs are decent. The hotels are average (not better than my regional all) and the contract is great in some areas and poor in others. F9 is a step above my regional IMO and probably just about every other regional in the long run. Of course, this isn't a profound statement.

But, I agree with you. Let's be honest about our company. Decent people, OK contract with a big IF looming. As far as the contract negotiation goes, I think the major issues are like PBS, LOA 67, reserve rules, etc. I have no idea how any of that is going specifically other than what I read in ALPA/FAPA emails.