Thread: Via Air
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2016, 10:22 AM
ArcherDvr
Banned

Joined APC: Mar 2011

Originally Posted by TXPILOT34 View Post
This happened to me as well, except it was for a FO position. They told me to email them when I was ready to come on board, I've emailed and called but never get a response. If you get a response, let me know.

Does anyone know if this is still a home base position for 145 employees and if it's a "on call" position? One question I did ask was if I was required to answer the phone on days off, I never got an answer.
As far as I know it is still home based, although that may change in the future. Those of us that are hired with it will be grandfathered (at least that's what we are told). It's not really an on call position as most of our flying is known in advanced.
As for answering the phone on your days off, the best I can tell you is we don't have a contract. I don't know of anywhere that it says you need to answer your phone, but right now it be just like not answering the phone at any other company. I've only been called once on my day off once, but I think some of the Captains a but more. Scheduling has been really good with me regarding any schedule issues.