View Single Post
Old 08-17-2007, 10:33 AM
Hefeweizen
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2007

Originally Posted by iarapilot View Post
d. Housing Allowance
i. Rental Allowance. Pilots shall be entitled to a rental allowance of up to $2,700 per month to offset the cost of rental housing in the FDA location. Money paid to a landlord for water/utilities, internet/cable, parking, maintenance, etc., may be included in the rental allowance.
ii. Home Ownership Allowance. Pilots who choose to own, rather than rent their housing, shall be entitled to a monthly allowance of up to $1,300.
iii. To be eligible for this allowance, pilots must relocate to the FDA and occupy the housing for which an allowance is being paid. Standards for determining whether a pilot has relocated his permanent residence under this paragraph shall be the same as for full relocations under Section 6 of the basic Agreement. The housing must be located within 100 nautical miles of the base airport. A larger radius may be approved on a case by case basis by the System Chief Pilot, if the proposed residence affords access to the hub airport that is at least as expeditious and reliable as comparable residences inside the 100 nm radius.
iv. The rental/housing allowance shall be provided for each month during which the pilot is assigned to the FDA. On the first and last month of a pilot’s assignment to the FDA, if the pilot is assigned to the FDA for fewer than 15 days in that month(s), his rental/housing allowance for that month(s) will be prorated. The pilot must provide adequate substantiation including, but not limited to, a lease agreement, canceled checks or receipts, to his flight manager.
When someone has a spare moment or two for a cut and paste, I would be curious to find out what qualifies as "pilot relocation of a permanent residence" according to Section 6 of the CBA. I know this sounds like a dumb question, but, as a poolie, if my only offered choice to fly Purple is to head overseas, one of my personal choices may be an "unaccompanied remote" (not selling the house and leaving the family here in the US). I want to make sure that I'm operating with correct info and not assuming anything...thanks in advance for your help.