View Single Post
Old 07-25-2016, 10:33 AM
highflyer1980
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2013
Position: A320 FO

Originally Posted by thunder3915 View Post
Thank you. Recruiters have contacted me a couple of times. Going to submit my app soon, but this forum has me a little concerned after what I've read. then again all the other threads have the same kind of statements regarding other regionals.

Exactly my point. It's the same tactic.

"Come one, come all. Upgrade in 1 year. We have kittens and puppies. With plush crew rooms and travel to the most exotic destinations for free with your friends. We have this, we have that, all while wearing a pilot hat. Why would you choose the other guy?"

I was told by a Mesa recruiter during the interview that I would upgrade after 1 year in 2006. After I signed the training contract and received company materials they had an experience requirement of at least 2000hrs in type to upgrade. Recruiter forgot to tell me that bit of useful information. Also, they didn't tell me the stories of crews sleeping on the RON aircraft during reduced rest. No block or better pay. Work rules that do not incorporate a safe operation. I could go on. After my one year was up, I bolted. Here's the kicker, my last paycheck was withheld!

Guess what ladys and germs. Envoy skimps on pay. Doesn't follow the contract. Wants us to make safe decisions for THEIR benefit. Doesn't honor the fatigue reporting system. How are those crew rooms, oh, and where's that upgrade time?

It's all the same. Brand X, Brand Y. It's still laundry detergent. Don't let the recruiters snag you on hopes and dreams. Because after about a year, you'll realize the truth about what it's really like compared to what the recruiters say.