Thread: ICED
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2016, 08:55 PM
Hawaii50
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: 757 Left

Originally Posted by Purple Drank View Post
JM and the NC have painted themselves into a corner. The company will come up on rates. Probably significantly. But they have to. But the rates were always going to be there. THey're making a work rule grab that, if not checked, will be disastrous. The gives they're demanding--and JM and the NC are now advocating for--are probably unattainable for them even in BK. But here we are, giving them up. Inconceivable in this environment.

Once the rates are close to industry-leading, and the AIPs are in place, there is nowhere for JM to maneuver. There is no room to come back and ask for "tweaks" (as you call them) vs. the mountain of concessionary horse**** we are currently faced with. The company will say, "here's the money. You already agreed to all this other stuff. When's your vote?"

A "tweak" is changing the sick leave year to our anniversary month in return for removing all verification requirements.

There are not enough "tweaks" in the AIPs. There are too many landscape-altering QOL and job-killing game-changers.

Surely you agree that VBs haven't been properly modeled or what-if'ed by DALPA; SL changes are a pilot-pushing nightmare; PS changes are uncapped, etc. All are all incredibly ill-advised. They are all "we didn't think they'd do that" moments just waiting to happen.

There is nothing to do but flush and regenerate the entire package. Chairman, NC, table position, the works. And/or change CBAs. Malone has staked everything on rates. And here we are, on the verge of NA15v2.
I hear you but I don't think some of the concessions in the AIPs won't be TA'd. I'd be seriously surprised if any of the profit sharing changes show up in the finished product and VBs seem to have hit a nerve. I'm actually pretty happy with sick although I really don't think in our line of work verification should be something we do. I'm willing to let the MEC do their work and evaluate the finished product

Last edited by Hawaii50; 07-25-2016 at 09:40 PM.