View Single Post
Old 07-26-2016, 03:03 AM
R57 relay
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2011
Position: A320 Capt

Originally Posted by flyinawa View Post
You think anyone in management cares about a tie? If you said "West pilots sabotage the airplanes" (as the unsubstantiated accusations sometimes do), heck..I'd support firing a few guys to put an end to that. East, West, NAAtive...who ever. But you're gonna let a guy's tie wind you panties in a bunch? How about a bunch of FOs clambering around in captain's stripes even after new uniforms were issued? Seems like that might be a big deal but I just smiled at them because, hey...what the heck do I care if your ego can't handle the apparent shame of not getting called "Captain" at the airport Starbucks. If you can't sit next to me because of my tie, good luck taking THAT to the CP's office...regardless of which one of us is in which seat.
The 4 stripes were allowed by the FOM, the Liberty tie is not allowed by FM1. I couldn't care less, but cactusboy has made this a moral issue and I just took the time to show his hypocrisy. He wants the rules to be followed, when it suits him.

I don't think the company cares either. About any of the uniforms. Looks at the black sneakers, Kohl's black chinos, pleather jackets, all sorts of ties etc. If they called out the Liberty tie they would have to do something about the rest. I hope they will on all fronts when the new uniform comes out. We collectively look like crap.