View Single Post
Old 07-27-2016, 01:20 PM
higney85
Property of Scheduling

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: Bus driver

Originally Posted by TalkTurkey View Post
Some of the lemons thankfully have migrated to mother Dixie too.
Such is life. Every carrier has "those guys".

Moral of the story, if you know a chief pilot on your JS wouldn't be "ok" with the environment, you already know you shouldn't either. Worst case, you would explain it in the office. Believe me, that can be a good thing.

Don't take the BS. The more folks that "take it", the more the few think it's ok. Don't let it happen. A disagreement on a single decision or talking point is one thing, be an adult, but if it's a complete menial beatdown- stop it while it's happening. Take the high road to say "no".

Not looking for likes, but I flew with many of the folks who are "lemons" by reputation when I was an FO. Maybe they hated me, but they stopped their bs when I dropped the hammer. Ironically, after the fact, when they had open trips they sent me a text to pick them up. So it's a weird mental screw job.

Before I upgraded, all 3 times (let's not go there), I only had 1 "avoid fly with" and it was an issue that was well outside of issues in the flight deck. Even flying with said person, it wasn't awkward, but very quiet in cruise. Issues in the flight deck with "problem folks" occurred once, and were quickly rectified with calm words. Don't let yourself be pushed around. You aren't paid to deal with BS, nor should you be expected to add it to your duties.