View Single Post
Old 07-29-2016, 08:50 AM
MD-11Loader
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: Pawn

Originally Posted by Jetflight77 View Post
E175 drvr and CR700,

Thank you very much for your advice. I am considering it quite seriously. I have been in the sand-pit for the last 6 years and feel now's the time to get back to the US as the market's really good. I'll fill in my app in the next couple of days and send it in. Can you guys please tell me what to study as far as the interview is concerned. I have been out of the US airspace system for the last 8 yrs. Been doing mostly Europe and far east flights. Is it wise to enlist for an interview prep course to just get familiar. Also since I have airline experience, will I only do the HR part or all of it.
Thanks guys. It's really nice to see Pilots here helping others.
I interviewed two weeks ago and I was hired. Here is a rundown of my experience.

Take the 0700 shuttle. It's early and ensures that you will be there on time.

The interview started promptly at 0800. They came and took our logbooks, copies and originals of all of the request documents that they wanted, as well as info pack.

Company overview for about an hour and a half. They are very honest about upgrade times and flow. Things will change quite a bit as the top people move up.

HR was typical HR. Why Envoy? What is your biggest strength/weakness? TMAAT when you went above and beyond. Any violations/failed checkrides/certificate action? Tell me about yourself. Tell me about a policy that you do not agree with (could be a FAR). Waht is your end goal?

Tech was very straightforward. A flight from LGA to PIT. Read a METAR. Talk about the RVR. Can we go? Why or why not? What would you expect to see on a runway with a MALSR? Look at the airport diagram. Any hotspots? Where is the beacon? On the approach chart you're inside the FAF and the RVR drops to 5-5-5, do you continue? Why or why not? You are approaching the IAF and there is a cell over it, what do you do, and why? On final you get a gear unsafe indicator, what do you do? I said go around, inform ATC of the problem, ask for vectors to where we can work it. Get out the QRH. Call the company (I forgot to inform the flight attendants (I'm a cargo guy, they're not installed). You've been holding, and now the cell is directly over the field, not enough fuel to get to your alternate, what do you do? The gear still isn't verified as being safe. I chose to divert to JFK as they had longer runways, and adequate facilities to handle the situation. We looked at the high altitude enroute. Identified various airspace, MEA, MOCA, VOR types. If you flew off the route, what altitude would you choose? The on to a DP, identified basic symbols.

So, when they email you,they will send you a link to a Jepp study guide. If you're not using them now, brush up and get to know them. Know the 3-2-1 rule (or whatever you use to calculate a descent). Be open and honest. They make it a great experience for you, and the job is yours to lose. PM me if you have any questions.