View Single Post
Old 07-29-2016, 11:22 AM
Der Meister
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: 320A

Originally Posted by String682 View Post
After 9 years of sitting in the right seat I've decided to move on from Express putting in my 2-week notice this week. I was on the verge of a 'commutable' upgrade, but my quality of life would taken a step backwards by having to commute and being on reserve, not to mention still sitting right seat as a captain qualified first officer. And there's end in sight for anyone on reserve right now.

I found a gig that will have me home with my family everyday and upgrade within a year. To my fellow co-works (CRJ Atlanta) its been a fun ride, and I've made some good friends and enjoyed the folks I've worked with, but the future of Express does not inspire confidence right now, as most folks I talk to are actively searching and have already got class dates else where. And now I see management has requested another meeting to discuss the MOU over the agreed upon upgrade quota and other man power issues.

I would recommend keeping your options open and have a solid plan-B just in case things go south here, as some would say that Express has already entered into a death spiral.

Welcome to the "new" company