View Single Post
Old 07-29-2016, 02:26 PM
akemps
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2011
Position: FO

Originally Posted by N1sync View Post
**list of bases, from greatest to least seniority**

1)BLI (you will never have it as a captain, you may possibly be the most Jr. FO. Just don't be a carpetbagger and take it just because you want the bus, lots of NW guys have been screwed by dumb pilots who were "too scared" to fly the -80 so they took a base they'd never even heard of)
2)SFB
3)IWA
4)PIE
5)LAX (senior for captains, Jr. for FO but most people are there because they want to be)
6)LAS
7)FLL
8)PGD
9)CVG
10)OAK (small base but very jr)
11)AVL
12)VBD
13)PIT (quickest Airbus upgrade)

This is mostly my opinion, the actual assignments of pilots may be slightly different, this also changes frequently. As we add planes and bases this all gets mixed up pretty good. Best advice is move to your base if you can or bid VBD if you can't.
Also to add to this, it's probably safe to say that upgrade times are due to go up, way up. They're probably sitting at about 2 years or more on the bus at the moment, and about 1 - 1.5 on the 80. Our pilot group is super young though, so beware the 10 year upgrade probably happening sometime in the next 5 years. My .02 but I'd say the stats support it. We're supposed to grow, but by hundreds (maybe 1000), not by thousandS. (5 yr outlook). Lets hope I'm incorrect!

-Alex-
cel: 484-661-7716