Thread: Allegiant Air
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2016, 03:33 PM
Machaca
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2016

Originally Posted by IfItAintBoeing View Post
Ladies/Gentleman,

Sorry to intrude but just trying to do some research and get a reality check for myself. Posted a similar question in another room.

I was hoping you could give me an idea of what hour requirements Allegiant would hire with military background. I am still a while away from putting in any applications to anyone, but just doing some research. I'll have 1500hrs, much less than standard requirements, but 2/3rds of these would be from a 4 engined 757 sized jet. Would I stand a chance or should I be aiming for regionals first?

Any thoughts/opinions/reality check much appreciated.
Originally Posted by pipercub View Post
You mean like a 707 perhaps. I believe our current min for Military is at 1500 hours how competitive that would be I am not sure. With a new contract I would expect the average hours and experience of new hires will go up for at least a time. Like said before your best chance is to attend a meet and greet.
When word of the TA dropped, applications skyrocketed, particularly from the group we haven't had any luck with, seasoned CAs from the regionals...Allegiant can afford to be picky again with this new contract. Hiring will have to continue if the jet acceptance picks up...the contract doesn't allow CAs to fly right seat any longer and the way line vs reserve is about to change (9 to 1 ratio) will mandate more bodies. We can expect certain levels of attrition to continue...there's even one idiot who's only been here a few months blathering about leaving BECAUSE the TA passed, so opportunities abound.