View Single Post
Old 07-31-2016, 10:37 AM
BDGERJMN
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: Walmart Greeter

Originally Posted by Farva01 View Post
I am sure the devil is in the details i.e. parts support, but a LRIP Rhino still has some use especially training and adversary support. VFA-122 is usually on their ass. At NAWDC there is one up Rhino for 60 aircrew, and they are sending one to replace the VFA-211 jets (106 is replacing the other one). CVW-2 showed up to SFARP with each squadron bringing 3 to 5 jets (and were augmented with LRIP jets). We are getting rid of Charlie squadrons so the Rhinos at Boeing that were alluded to above are for those squadrons or Australia.
I know the Charlie fleet is on its ass, but the future of the fleet is the Super Hornet so taking away 8-10 of them is not going to help the problem. Give me a LRIP Rhino to augment my tanker fleet on the boat.
Farva, giving NAWDC or 122 more LRIP jets would only make their problems worse. Let's not air dirty laundry here about the lack of leadership 122 has had for years with the number of aircraft they have. Let's fix the issues with their maintenance department and leadership, 106 has been maintaining more aircraft and producing more CAT Is for years to include 122's mess when they couldn't produce. In terms of NAWDC and the number of 'up' airplanes they have or don't have, let's hold the maintenance contractor to the contract and/or supplement with fleet maintainers. Adding more jets to that mix will help for about 2 months, until they break. I understand the Strike Fighter Inventory Mgmt issues, but again, the blues transitioning has always been part of that plan.