View Single Post
Old 07-31-2016, 03:12 PM
busdriver12
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2013

Originally Posted by Overnitefr8 View Post
I believe the plan is to come up with 2, 3 or many 4 options. Allow each pilot to chose which option would be best for himself. Obviously a person just about to retire would want something different than the person who just got hired and has a long time to plan. People in the middle would probably have the hardest choice to make.
I think that certainly would be the best of all possibilities. Trying to pigeonhole everyone into the same category would certainly make some winners and some losers, and who wants that?

I think it is very complicated if one is trying to figure out every possible scenario, for every single person. But it doesn't seem that difficult for one to look at the options (when they're offered), and figure out if it's beneficial for their situation or not.

I believe that for many people, an increased B fund (particularly with cash over cap), would be optimal. But you'd have to have a heck of a lot of years left, and it would have to be a huge increase, to trade your entire A fund for it.