View Single Post
Old 08-03-2016, 05:23 AM
Hacker15e
China Visa Applicant

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Midfield downwind

Originally Posted by Albief15 View Post
When blowing your crew chief makes you a protected class and not the butt of jokes for decades, the joke kind of loses its edge. I am sure the sensitivity classes will remind our future warriors of same...
Naaah, I was more going for the perception outside the AF (mostly by grunts) that light gray dudes have less understanding of ground forces because they're often not directly engaged in supporting them. The whole zipper-suited-sun-god thing, zipping around during the day up in the stratosphere and eating steak and sipping scotch at night, while the joes eat, sleep, and bathe in dirt.

Present former-FAC company excluded, of course. And the stereotype, as most of them do, ignores how many light gray bros ended up in ALO billets in Iraq and Afghanistan over the last 15 years.

When I was in my ISR gig, and the green Army units I visited found out I'd been an Eagle guy in a previous life, I was on the receiving end of that stereotype quite a lot.

Regarding the crew chief thing, you're right. The way things are going the Eagle community will likely be celebrated in the future for just how far out on the leading edge of the LGBTQ movement in the military they were.