Old 08-03-2016, 09:00 AM
e6bpilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2013

This is an interesting turn of events. I think this sends a huge and very public message and has clearly (by the angry video our CEO posted on the company website) has gotten his attention.
Will it end in his ouster? Highly doubtful.
Will it extend our already protracted negotiations? Probable, but who cares at this point. The company has shown no interest in settling until they have to.
I have been told SWAPA has a plan. I am not really sure what it is, but I am supporting them. Management is definitely on their heels, and anything we have done up until this point in the old SWAPA mode of "don't upset the turnip wagon" negotiating hasn't gotten anyone's attention.
Look at what is happening right now with other airline CEOs and labor relations. Munoz came in and settled right away and continues to repair broken relations, Anderson and the new DL CEO have publicly said that their pilots will be the best compensated in the industry, AA has had a contract for a while. The only thing that we have heard from our dear leader is that he wants to pay us, but protect the airline, which is CEO speak for I don't want to pay you. It's funny, the union isn't begrudging him his raises in the past few years. On the contrary, he deserves them for the financial performance of the company. When 38,000 out of 46,000 employees send you a message that they have no confidence in your leadership, there is something wrong.