View Single Post
Old 08-03-2016, 11:48 AM
billyho
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013

Originally Posted by Ex lurker View Post
None of the 145's you are getting were pulled out of the desert. There were never any 145's in the desert. 140's and 135's yes. 145's no. I don't know why you keep repeating this.

The 175 is as close to a 145 as a 145 is to a Dash. Probably more dissimilar. They are way more advanced and require much more support. I've seen special power carts show up, much beefier tugs, bigger catering trucks, more bag loaders, huge tow bars and electric tugs, etc. It requires much larger hangars than I believe you have. In fact I will have to take a look around to see what they have put in the hangar for it for special equipment. The cash outlay to launch this has been enormous. I was at Eagle for the transition from ATR's to the EMB. It wasn't nearly as capital intensive as this.
They are worn out 145's. Believe me PDT won't be flying them for long. LOL, Power Carts, Beefier Tugs, Catering Trucks, Bag Loaders..... lol! Piedmont is owned by the worlds largest airline and you're acting like putting 175's on the property would be some super large undertaking. PLLLLLEEEEAAASSEEE!! Mesa Did it, Skywest Did it, Shuttle America did it. All contract carriers. Don't think American will have an issue if they want them there.