Thread: Miami Air
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2016, 09:47 PM
Turboprop
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2009
Position: Left Seat

Originally Posted by bluepilot View Post
I worked at MAI for 5 years. The only good thing were the crews and the planes. Nice places we flew into but not enough $$$ to do anything since the perdiem is only $60 a day.. The people that stay behind, unfortunately they're too dip into it to make a move or have something in their closet. Including most management pilots and instructors/check airmen. Not generalizing but it's a fact. Most management pilots are scabs. They do have CASS with most airlines. However,u have to be within 2 hours of MIA intl airport. Can't commute. If u want to build 737 time, wrong place for it. U might block 300 hrs a year. U mostly limo or airline everywhere for zero pay. I can keep going on...ask me anything u want. I'll be more than happy to answer any questions. Ohhh almost forgot. I was also and instructor at MAI and got to see the dark side first hand. Don't forget, $18,000 training bond for 737 type for 3 years with literally no flying hours for

yup, sound about right what my friends told me about this place, stay away far away. they are now captains, some are still FO's who live in the area, I would be a commuter so this place will not work.

maybe after all the pilots go to a better place, things will change. thanks for the info.