View Single Post
Old 08-07-2016, 07:48 AM
inky13
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2008
Position: 737

Originally Posted by Five93H View Post
I'm thinking of switching to MCC pilot log, but not sure about the way it logs. If it imports minutes and I have display as decimals, it looks like it could lead to a discrepancy in times: Page Totals in my logbook show an error up to 0.2 hours : mccSUPPORT

I'd like to avoid something like that, as up until now I had been converting minutes to rounded down decimals for the purpose of adding it correctly in a logbook. Anyone encountered the same issue?
I would have mccpilotlog import your exact times and have them in the e-log as exact times in minutes. That way there are no issues for rounding errors and your times are precisely what they should be. I use mccpilotlog and log by the minute--anything I've logged outside of airline stuff I will use the rounding method and enter a 1.3 hour flight as 1:18 in mccpilotlog.

By the way, I'm another advocate of mccpilotlog. It may be a foreign based company/software, but they sure have a nice product. And their support is phenomenal! Plus, if you work for a supported airline to sync your stuff, it's a cake walk. Unfortunately, Envoy has antiquated software (DECs) so I can't partake in the sync, but I will log my flights as I go with my phone app, then sync, and even that is very easy to do.

Buy it now while the Euro is low! (It costs 69 Euros for the Enterprise license, which is the one you can sync stuff with multiple devices. Today, that's about $76 US.)