View Single Post
Old 08-08-2016, 07:20 AM
PermaFo
Holds Weds & Thurs Off

Joined APC: Jan 2011
Position: 88B

Originally Posted by inky13 View Post
I use mccpilotlog and log by the minute--anything I've logged outside of airline stuff I will use the rounding method and enter a 1.3 hour flight as 1:18 in mccpilotlog.
LogTen user here but I do the exact same... Pre-121 flying is logged as decimals, just as we it read from the Hobbs. All of my 121 flying I input using only out and in times. LogTen computes the difference to minutes, automatically computes Night, and if I were to ever again print my logbooks, I can simply change the preferences to display in decimal (or keep in hour:minute).

Originally Posted by inky13 View Post
If you are talking about an interview, then BRING ALL OF YOUR LOGBOOKS! It's fine if you've converted your previously logged time into an e-log and printed it, but make sure you bring your originals too (with all your endorsements/sign-offs).
FWIW... for my interview I had my logbook printed up, subtle nondescript binder and on the standard green paper. No one said a thing other than... "looks nice" and "your time here matches your application." They hadn't specified what format the logs HAD TO be in. Even then, I had my written logs in the hotel and up to date... JIC