View Single Post
Old 08-08-2016, 06:21 PM
farmingflyer
New Hire

Joined APC: Sep 2015

Originally Posted by inky13 View Post
You have a couple options:

1) Continue using paper logbook and update e-log as you go in parallel with the paper. This will keep all endorsements together (as opposed to paper and electronic). Then once you've got all your ratings, just use the e-log. The good news is that you already have this going on with your Excel spreadsheet. Any e-log program will be able to import it.

2) Completely transition to electronic. You wouldn't have to update your logbook in two places, but you would have paper endorsements as well as electronic endorsements. Also, make sure your CFI's are comfortable with doing e-endorsements/sign-offs.

Plug for mccpilotlog follows:

You can actually download the entire program and use it for free while you continue with your paper logbook. The free edition allows you to import and print still. There are only few features in the program that requires a paid license, and most of those are just gee-wiz, cool things (i.e. automatic night time calculation, reports, etc.). Once you get to a regional, however, you might want to consider paying for the Enterprise Edition (~$76) where you can sync your company schedule.
Thanks! I'll have to do some research on mccpilot.
Also should have mentioned I'm more of a 'team android' person. An ipad is in my future though. Probably my 'congratulations' gift to myself after getting cfi/cfii.