View Single Post
Old 08-09-2016, 04:02 PM
Globemaster2827
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2014

Originally Posted by Davetastic View Post
The 98% pass rate (almost 99%) is for recurrent PC's!!! for this year. PC's that we are doing now. There is no new and improved way to do PC's. It said,
  • "We are not currently administering these PCs other than in 2 instances which the FAA requested to observe prior to moving forward".

And,
  • "These (and all) FO PCs will be done from the right seat. The only difference between a FO PIC PC and a FO PC on the 747 is two additional maneuvers."

And, NO where in the company email did it say that "people are failing the new PC multiple times", as you quoted. It said, "
  • "The one failure was unrelated to these two additional maneuvers. The maneuver in question was retrained and then rechecked with an unsuccessful outcome. The PC was successful the following day".

Are we reading the same letter???!!!! There is ZERO reference in the latest company letter about a new FO taking the type ride. WE ALL TOOK A PIC TYPE RIDE and it was from the left seat when we were hired except if you were already typed and then it was just a PC.

There is nothing new here guys. This is exactly the same as it's always been.

I have no idea what you are talking about here: "new FOs will take the type ride, not get OE, and have to do ANOTHER sim ride to get current 3 months later. Lots are failing that"

If you are talking about a backlog of guys getting out to OE but going out of currency and having to take a PC to gain currency you are correct. It is an FAR......but how are you substantiating "lots of guys are failing that?" Again, NOWHERE referenced in the latest company email.

So Mr CandlerKid sir, if your definition of "people failing" means that one guy, during one time of only two observed events, doing it the "new way", doing only two additional maneuvers from the right seat, then I stand corrected.

I too stand by my union and I volunteer time for this pilot group as well in the furtherance of a better contract. However, this company already has a lot of bad press and negative elements in our contract as it relates to our QOL and compensation but let's not make it worse by dispelling misinformation.

The 98% on annual PCs is under the old system with adequate training for what you do on your PC. The type ride pass rate is far less. Last year one class had over half bust their types. Look... You can reference management all you want but I'll take the ExCo's word for it until management earns my trust. Looking at our contract and the fact that there are no negotiations scheduled it's pretty clear where the trust should be with our management.