View Single Post
Old 08-10-2016, 10:56 AM
tunes
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2011

Originally Posted by RNAV2GRITZ View Post
So what I understand from your post is that I can send off a packet to the AFRC UPT selection board, get selected, and then do I get assigned to a reserve unit during UPT selection, or can I then take that acceptance for UPT and have a unit "hire" me to go to them upon completion of UPT? I am confused as to what the exact path is between the application for this AFRC UPT board and getting to a unit after UPT.
I tried calling a reserve recruiter to ask about this process knowing I cant apply until my senior year with a certain amount of credit hours remaining to graduate, however the recruiter would only transfer me to an enlisted recruiter because I don't have my bachelors degree completed (tried explaining that I understood that and just wanted info about the program but the call taker still refused to transfer me to an officer recruiter because I was not qualified).

Thanks again for the help.
our unit has hired some of the unsponsered slots. My understanding is they contact all units while the student is in UPT and ask who wants to take them. If the unit is interested they will conduct an interview. It seems to be a win-win.