Thread: jetBlue Hiring
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2016, 09:04 AM
Otterbox
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2015
Position: Gear slinger

Originally Posted by Irishblackbird View Post
Wow, 65 new hires out of 200 quit already?? I can see an FO with some time on property or Jr Capt leaving for a legacy, but why such a high turn over among new hires? Having aalmost 1/3 of your new hires leave in less than a year has me either questioning the job HR does in selecting candidates, or if there are underlying issues with the job itself. I certainly appreciate the insight you guys have provided on the attrition there.
It's real simple... The legacies and fedex/UPS are hiring... All pay more and have better retirement bennies as well as upward mobility due to retirements (I have a friend who is now a DAL CA at his 16th month in the company... How long is it taking guys to get a full line as a FO at JetBlue? How long is the upgrade?).

Money talks, Bull$hit walks- until JetBlue starts having a competitive contract they'll become an increasingly revolving door outfit like SWA, frontier, Spirit, Atlas, and all the others have started to become...

All the majors are targeting the same applicants. It's a matter of economics for a lot of people... Management will be the first to tell you this is business. I'm glad there are some pilots willing to treat the industry the same way.